Future proof your degree with a minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
In today's economy, professionals in all fields – not just business – are expected to act in entrepreneurial and innovative ways. The McGuire Center's Entrepreneurship and Innovation Minor will equip undergraduate students outside of the Eller College of Management and across the University of Arizona with the skills and mindset necessary to be competitive in their field of choice.
The Entrepreneurship and Innovation Minor is a structured minor that requires the completion of 18 or more units.
Lower Division Courses
Two lower division foundational courses should be completed prior to enrolling in the upper division courses for the minor. Students must select courses from two of the three subject areas below:
- ECON 200 Basic Economic Issues (3 units)
- MIS 111 Computers and Internetworked Society (3 units)*
- ACCT 250 Survey of Accounting (3 units) OR ACCT 200 Introduction to Financial Accounting (3 units)*
* Available in Spring semester for non-Eller students.
Upper Division Courses
Students will select four courses from the offerings below. Please note: all courses may not be offered every semester.
- ENTR 360 Entrepreneurship for Owner Operated Businesses (3 units)
- ENTR 380 Social Innovation Organizations (3 units)
- ENTR 381 Management of Effective Nonprofit Organizations (3 units)
- ENTR 406 Principles of Entrepreneurship (3 units)
- ENTR 421R Corporate Entrepreneurship (3 units)
- ENTR 457 Project Management (3 units)
- ENTR 468 Persuasion in Entrepreneurial Contexts (3 units)
- ENTR 483 Entrepreneurial Management: Launching New Ventures (3 units)
- ENTR 488 Social Entrepreneurship (3 units)
- ENTR 496 Special Topics in Entrepreneurship (3 units)
New Venture Development Program
Students in the minor may apply for the McGuire Center's top-ranked McGuire New Venture Development Program. If accepted, students may apply 8 units from the NVD courses below to their minor requirements.
- ENTR 484 Development of New Venture Plans "Venture Development II" (4 units)*
- ENTR 487 New Venture Development & Industry Analysis "Venture Development I" (4 units)*
Requirements and Policies
- Have completed 30 credits prior to enrolling in the minor
- At minimum six three-unit courses (18 units total)
- Minimum nine units upper division coursework
- At least nine units must be completed in residence at the University of Arizona
- Minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA) needed in minor
- Can be taken along with business administration minor, finance minor, or marketing minor
- Eller does not permit double use of courses in their majors or minors with majors or minors outside of the College. Unique units are required for the student’s major and minor.
For more information, please contact Andrea Wright, Eller Undergraduate Academic Advisor.
To learn more about McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship offerings, please contact Casey Carrillo.
Declaring the Minor