Innovative Approaches to the Business of Nonprofits
Thanks to our generous donors, we are able to offer substantial scholarships for the fall Nonprofit Leadership Certificate program.
Space is limited! Submit an interest form today to receive information about the fall Nonprofit Leadership Certificate program.
The Nonprofit Leadership Certificate is a professional development program offered by the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship and Eller Social Innovation. Jointly taught by Eller College of Management faculty and community nonprofit leaders, the Nonprofit Leadership Certificate provides participants with the business skills and innovative mindset necessary to meet today's challenges and lead organizations through uncertain and changing contexts.
All sessions will be held from 8:30 am to noon, with a graduation luncheon on the last day from noon to 1 pm.
The program will take place in the Muzzy Entrepreneurship and Innovation Lab, McClelland Hall 113, 1130 E. Helen St. Tucson, Arizona 85721.
2/2/2018: NextGen Leadership: Creating a Culture of Innovation, Trust and Empowerment
- Co-facilitators: Peggy Hutchison, CEO Primavera Foundation, and Stephen Gilliland, Executive Director Center for Management Innovations in Healthcare
2/23/2018: Using Lean Launch Principles to Measure Impact: How Do You Know Your Work is Making a Difference?
3/16/2018: What Program Managers Need to Know About Accounting and Finance
- Co-facilitators: Michael McDonald, CEO, Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona, and Heather Altman, Lecturer, Eller College of Management
4/20/2018: Cultivating Well-being and Ensuring Self Care: Keys to Thriving in the Non-Profit World
- Co-facilitators: Eric Schindler, CEO, Child and Family Resources, and Cindi Gilliland, Professor of Practice, Eller College of Management
Who Should Attend?
The Nonprofit Leadership Certificate program was developed for mid-level nonprofit leaders in dynamic and challenging business environments, but senior and emerging leaders will also benefit from these business leadership concepts.
The program launched in 2016, and 98% of current graduates report that they would recommend it to their colleagues.
- Leverage key business principles to strengthen your leadership and organization
- Learn how to cultivate resilience in your team with optimism and positivity
- Harness the power of innovation and engagement to drive adaptability and change
- Apply techniques used by successful entrepreneurs to enhance impact
- Sharpen your understanding of key financial information to drive more effective decision making
- Understand how to empower and engage your stakeholders
- Develop tools and solutions for your biggest challenges
"As a graduate of the initial Eller Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Program, what stood out most was the quality of faculty, materials used, and how it related to my duties as the Director of Emergency Services at Primavera Foundation. Having the ability to identify, develop, and coach employees on the active process of gathering information about our perceptions and patterns and using this to replace deficit based perceptions within a TEAM structure is key to building resiliency and weathering the storms faced by nonprofit agencies. I am a better Director because of this leadership program and I thank you.”
–Keith Jeffrey, Director of Emergency Services, Primavera Foundation
Thanks to our generous donors, we are able to offer substantial scholarships for the spring Nonprofit Leadership Certificate program. The cost of the program is usually $500 per person, but scholarship recipients will pay only $75 for the spring Nonprofit Leadership Certificate program. Organizations are encouraged to send multiple people in order to achieve the biggest impact.
The spring Nonprofit Leadership Certificate program is now full. If you are interested in receiving information about the fall program when it becomes available please complete an interest form!
For more information, contact Cindi Gilliland at firstname.lastname@example.org.