The Mission of the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship is to help students improve their potential and advance society by developing an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset.
The vision of the Center is to be a global leader in entrepreneurship and innovation education and research.
The faculty and staff of the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship embrace the following six core values:
- Collaboration: We can accomplish more through collaboration with others than by ourselves.
- Curiosity: We have an unquenchable curiosity for knowing how, when, why.
- Creativity: Creativity allows us to see the world as filled with opportunities.
- Integrity: The most important human asset is our integrity; integrity is more important than money.
- Quality: We strive for high quality in all our endeavors.
- Respect: We must gain the respect of others and appropriately respect others.
The McGuire Center has four core competencies that reflect its deeply ingrained capabilities.
Entrepreneurship Education: We have created a teaching and learning method that develops a broad range of skills that enable students to do better at creating and pursuing entrepreneurial opportunities.
Integration: We integrate well with academic and business partners and communities, including the Technology Launch Arizona, Science Departments, Rogers College of Law, Eller College of Management and the Angel investing community.
Adaptability: We are excellent at rapidly adapting to change and chaotic situations.
Networking: We develop ties with pivotal and critical actors and do this across industries, geography, and professional associations.